Sunday 21 April 2013

Evaluation

Question One



"In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?"

 






Question Two



"How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?"





For my ancillary texts, I made the decision to create a DVD cover and a magazine cover. Carrying on with my black and white theme, I chose the striking close up image from the start and ending of my video as she is the absolute focus of the whole video. I also feel that the iconic image would be easily remembered and therefore quickly identified with the single/video/Plan B. From the research I completed, I recognised the importance of maintaining a consistent theme/concept for each ancillary text as not only did it add to the professional execution I was aiming for, it connected all of my work together which made it like a real media product.



Question Three



"What have you learned from your audience feedback?"



 As part of audience feedback, I asked Abi who is also in my media class what she thought about the idea of my video and about the costume of my character. I found her feedback helpful and reassuring because she had read my blog and had identified that I had clearly looked upon Ed Sheeran's 'Give Me Love' video as well as my interest in the actress Kaya Scodelario, whom I based my character on.

To get a variety of feedback, I burnt my video on to a disk and asked several people to watch it (family members, year group peers, friends)and then to fill in a questionnaire which can be viewed here.

Below is a podcast I made about the overall feedback I got about my music video.






Question Four



"How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?"


Below is a power point I made for this question. Unfortunately, the narration I recorded onto the power point is not working, so I have made a podcast which is just below. Please play the podcast, and then view the power point whilst I am talking through each slide. Thank you!





No comments:

Post a Comment