Tuesday 20 November 2012

Preliminary filming

For the screen tests, I wanted to go to a few of the selected locations where I was planning to film the music video just to see how it would look on camera and also to see if the overall concept would work.

The shots I manged to complete were:

  • Establishing shot of the opening location
  • Long shot of Imogen sat by the tree
  • Shot of Imogen running past the camera
  • Close up of Imogen's face looking back as she was running
  • Extreme close up of Imogen's face to show vulnerability
  • Shot of the tree branches against the white sky
  • Shot of the traffic on the motor way
  • Panning shot of Imogen sat on the motorway bridge
This allowed me to see what shots would work, and confirmed my decision to edit the whole video in black and white. What I need to do now is edit my tester shots and then I can go on to film some real scenes ready for the rough edit by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment