Friday 30 November 2012

Mood Board

Mood board portraying images I have brainstormed once listening to the song a few times and analysing the lyrics.

I created this mood board to help to inspire me with my music video. Once listening to the song numerous times and analysing the lyrics I translated the meanings and quotes to these images.

The top left is a close up shot of a girl smoking that is quite an intimate picture and could be effective in my video. If planned carefully and correctly, I feel it could be a great shot. 

The top center image is of drugs which is very relevant for my video. This would be expected for my song and video as it is a heavy theme throughout the music, and the film, and is mentioned in the lyrics: "So she folded the pain and lit the flame...//Inhale, exhale out once again..."

The top right image is a screen shot from the film 'iLL Manors' and is of the character Michelle herself. The dark lighting creates a very eerie atmosphere with her body language portraying a vulnerable and lonely situation.

Below is a picture of barbed wire which is a metaphor for the character's life. She is trapped, and is she tries to escape from her troubles she will get hurt. It also connotates danger and entrapment which is relevant for my video.

Below that is a close up image of a girl crying with make up down her face. When I saw this I found it incredibly striking and would like to try to re-create a shot like this for my video. Ideally, I would also like it to be in black and white but would have to see what the editing looked like. The emotion portrayed from this image is exactly what I want to convey.

The bottom left corner is a picture of loneliness. I believe this would be effective in my video as underneath all of the troubles (drugs, men, anger etc) she is just a very lonely girl who has gone down the wrong path and ended up afraid and isolated. I feel the shot is very compelling because you can only see the silhouette of the person which makes it more ominous and interesting/striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment