Monday 31 December 2012

Pie chart

Last week I made a questionnaire asking people aged 18-24 what their favourite music genre was. I then condensed the results into a pie chart:

Pie Chart showing favourite music genre of people aged 18-24


As you can see, alternative, pop and hip hop were most popular. This would mean that as ill Manors is categorised as hip hop, soul and pop/rap, my targeted audience would be 18-24 as it is most popular. Plan B started off as a very niche artist who has developed and grown within the last few years. I still don't feel he is completely mainstream though, as the views and subjects of his songs are controversial and could be classed as niche. As for the song 'Michelle', I would definitely class it within the niche genre.

Another reason as to why I would my video would be targeted for 18-24 year olds is because is is taken from 'ill Manors' which is certificate 18. The themes explored within the film are drugs, violence, crime, exploitation, prostitution, sex and gang culture.

I would definitly agree that people aged 18 and over could truly understand the video and therefore relate to it in some shape or form, however people over 24 years old could still enjoy this type of video, but it could just be a lesser majority than those younger. Today, drugs are very prominent within society, as well as gang culture and violence which means people can identify with the video in some way. An example of the crime today would be the London Riots in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment