Monday 3 December 2012

Story Boarding- Michelle

I have been thinking about the order of events I would like my video to go in as well as the overall concept of the filming. I want to show the extent to which the character's past has affected her future, but also include flashbacks to hint to the audience what she has gone through in order to end up how she is. 

Opening shot

-Character walking towards camera, emotion in face
-Close up of face (heavy eye make up)

When she is walking to the camera, I would like to see if I could slow it down during editing, therefore placing it in a slower motion. This could be effective and add to the eeriness that is presented from the start by the opening music. 

Flash back shot

-Character running away from camera 
-Dressed in 'younger attire' (hair tied up, more covered up etc, no make up)

The concept of this flash back would be to show the vulnerable little girl that went through the trauma and has therefore ended up going off the rails and down the path of crime and drugs. As it shows she is running away, it adds a sense of drama and mystery as the audience don't know who/what she is running away from, t could be metaphorical  but I would like the audience to think about it as it makes it more interesting and dramatic. Ideally I would like to cross fade this shot into another shot, when the lyrics "Back in the day, sexually abused as a child..." are being said.

Middle

-Shots of her anger/upset
-Slow motion shots of smashing bottles, kicking/punching wall

I would like to show her anger at its' peak, but then her vulnerability afterwards to portray the true 'Michelle'. It will also look very effective if shot correctly.

Ending

-More flash back shots intertwined with current shots to show the juxtapositioning between her past and future. 
-Perhaps another close up of face (striking, creates a lasting image with the audience)

I don't want to have a typical 'happy' ending as such because I feel it would be too generic and could take the meaning and effect off the shots before of her trouble. However, I would quite like to portray an ending that shows promise/potential hope. I thought about perhaps filming the character running from the camera and taking off various pieces of clothing to show how she is going back to her roots and maybe trying to start again.

In order to help me, as well as watching 'ill Manors', I also watched a short interview with the actress that plays Michelle in the film to further my research and inspiration. You can watch the video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment