Sunday 10 February 2013

Ellie Goulding- Music Video analysis of editing


Ellie Goulding- 'Anything Could Happen'





After watching this video, it has made it more clear to me about the kind of editing I want to do to my video. By this, I mean that I would definitely like to add slow motion as I found that in Ellie Goulding's video, it was a simple edit that was very effective (e.g. 0.05-0.07 seconds).   For my video, I could slow down the start of the film when she is walking towards the camera as it would bring attention to her and would convey the emotion and feeling better to the audience. It would also show the surroundings a bit clearer and indicate to the audience the type of situation the protagonist is in. 

What I also liked about the editing of Ellie Goulding's video was the blur they used at the start where Ellie just started singing. It is quite an interesting scene and the blur adds to the mystery and slight uncertainty. In terms of my video, I will definitely use this editing technique as it fits in perfectly with my concept and would work well with some of my clips.

As a whole, the transitions are very smooth and hardly noticeable which is exactly what I want to try to achieve with my video.

No comments:

Post a Comment