Monday 8 October 2012

Colour Vs. Black and White

Which will be better? 

After watching various music videos, including Ed Sheeran's 'A- Team' which is edited in black and white and other videos which are in colour, I have decided that black and white will be more suitable for my video and story line as it will portray (I hope) vulnerability and deterioration. I hope it will also emphasise the character's colourless, dependent world that she has got herself into.

From watching the A Team video, it is clear to see that by editing the film in black and white, it adds sadness and emphasis to the character's bad state. This is exactly what I am looking to portray in my video so I think it would suit well. It also automatically adds darkness because of the lack of colour which connotates decay.


From watching this video, which is 'Time' by Chase and Status, it is of the same sort of genre as mine, but is edited in colour. I definitely think it works for this video, but for me, I do think black and white would have given it a more sinister and darker depth. This has helped me to fully decide that for my video I will edit it in black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment