Thursday 25 October 2012

Slight change of plan

Deepest Shame vs. Michelle 

'Deepest Shame' was first composed as a freestyle rap entitled "Michelle". The track was first used in Plan B's 2008 short film Michelle, and this version features beat boxer Faith SFX. The version of "Michelle" that was used in ill Manors has some elements similar to "Deepest Shame", however for the album release, the song was re-written as more of a soul number, although "Michelle" is included on the deluxe edition bonus disc. "Michelle" was originally a freestyle rap, featuring an extended rap verse and no "Deepest Shame" chorus. 

'Michelle' is very similar to 'Deepest Shame', but is just a bit shorter and grittier. I want to use 'Michelle' rather than 'Deepest Shame' as it seems a little less pop/hip hop and more of a soul/grime/tribal song which fits better with my planned filming. 

To listen to 'Michelle', click below!


If you want to listen to 'Deepest Shame', click here.  

Now that I have completely decided that 'Michelle' is the right song for my video, I will not change my mind again and I do not feel it will set me back in any way or create any problems. It is the same song, just slightly different with the instruments that have been used which actually work better for what I am trying to portray so I am happy that I have found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment